Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Bleu Cheese and Steak Roll-Ups

I made this last night for the husband and I.  He is not a huge fan of Bleu Cheese, so I used Gouda.  While it didn't melt all creamy and wonderful like Bleu cheese would've - it was still really, really, good.  Next time I think I'll try Gorgonzola.

1 1/2 lbs - Flat beef
1/2 cup - Red Wine
1/4 cup - Soy Sauce
2 Tbs - Worcestershire Sauce
4 cloves garlic
Package of bleu cheese (or cheese of your choice)




Make marinade out of the wine, soy sauce, worcestershire sauce and garlic. Soak your meat in it overnight. In the morning, dump everything into the crockpot. Slice your cheese into strips.  One at a time, take the meat out of the marinade mixture and place strips of the cheese all over it. Roll it up. Place back into the crockpot, and repeat with the remaining slabs of meat.  Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours. I cooked for the entire 5 hours and I should've gone more around 4 hrs.

Recipe originated from: http://www.crockpot365.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment