Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Crockpot French-Dip Sandwiches

I searched and searched the web for the best French Dip recipe - in the end I decided to condense many different recipes into my own.  Slow-cooking the roast makes a big difference as the meat was very tender - something I value in a good warm sandwich.  I decided to add a can of dark (wheat) beer and it made a world of a difference.  Enjoy!

- 4 lb Roast (I used a Rump Roast)
1 packet  - Lipton Onion Soup Mix
1 can - French Onion Soup
1 bottle - Dark Beer
3/4 cup - Beef Broth
2 Tb - Butter
1/2 - Red Onion (sliced)

Pour beef broth and beer in the bottom of the crockpot.  Add sliced butter and onions.  Place roast on top.  Pour French Onion Soup over roast and then sprinkle with Dry Soup Mix.

Cook on low for 7 hours.

Slice roast and use Au Jus for dipping.  Serve on hoagies with sliced cheese (broil on low for 5 minutes prior to serving).

1 comment: