Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Crockpot Italian Chicken Sandwiches

This is a hand-me-down recipe from my mom....who got it from a friend....who got it from her mom.  You get the idea.  I love it because it's easy and really, really good.

3 lbs - Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
Parmesan Cheese
1/4 cup - Olive Oil
1 1/2 tsp - Sweet Basil
1 1/2 tsp - Garlic Powder

Dredge Chicken in Parmesan Cheese (and I mean really, really coat them in cheese) and layer on the bottom of your crockpot.  Combine all other ingredients - pour over chicken and cook on low for 6-8 hours.  Once cooked - shred and enjoy.

Note - We like our sandwiches a little bit moister - so I mix up an additional amount of the Olive Oil Mixture and use it when shredding the chicken.

1 comment:

  1. Megan! its Maria, my mom told me about your blog. its wonderful! you will never guess what i made for dinner tonight.....this exact recipe. love it.

    ReplyDelete